October 10, 2017
This agreement is made between PAWS En Route (PAWS) and You, the Client. By booking a PAWS Ride Service (Service), You agree to the following terms and conditions. Please note that if you do not accept the terms and conditions herein then You must not access or use the Services provided by PAWS.
You must be 18 years of age or the age of legal majority to register with PAWS and receive transportation services for your Pet(s).
General information such as name, address, phone number(s), pet name, pet type, pet breed, as well as information for least one valid credit card will be provided by the Client for their registration on their first booking. Personal registration information will be securely stored by PAWS En Route for the sole purpose of supporting PAWS En Route Ride Services. We do not store customer’s financial information.
Your booking is confirmed and a contract exists when PAWS receives confirmation of payment and sends you a confirmation email containing the details of the ride. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to PAWS immediately.
By completing a booking, you agree to receive an email which we may send to you promptly after your ride inviting you to complete our client satisfaction review.
The full cost of the ride as quoted, including applicable taxes, will be processed in full by credit card or money transfer at the time of booking. Charges paid by You are final and non-refundable, unless otherwise determined by PAWS. See Cancellation, Changes and No-Shows by the Client below.
Client must identify coupons at time of booking to receive discounts.
Additional charges that are incurred during a ride such as (but not limited to) tolls, additional waiting fees, route deviation, additional stops, damage or cleaning fees will be charged to your credit card after completion of the ride.
You understand and agree that, while You are free to provide additional payment as a gratuity to any Driver, You are under no obligation to do so. Gratuities are voluntary. After the completion of your ride you will be invited to complete a Customer Satisfaction Survey where you will be able to rate your experience and leave additional feedback about your Driver.
- Cancellation, Changes and No-shows by the Client
Bookings can be cancelled or changed by sending a detailed written request via email to email@example.com. Include your name, the Trip ID and the reason for the change or cancellation. The date and time of the change or cancellation will determine if a refund is possible.
- Changes up to 1 week before trip pickup date will be either charged or refunded the difference in the calculated fares.
- Cancellations up to 1 week before trip pickup date will receive a 100% refund.
- Changes up to 3 days before the trip will be charged a $15 administration fee.
- Cancellations up to 3 days before trip pickup date will receive a 50% refund.
- Changes or cancellations within the final 3 days prior to the trip will not be refunded, however 50% of the fare can be used for a future trip if booked within 30 days.
- Please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if changes are required
- Any Client who is not available for pickup within 10 minutes of the agreed upon pick-up time will be considered a no-show and will not be transported or refunded.
- If you are going to be more than 10 minutes late, call PAWS at 1-866-204-7331 to see if an extension can be arranged.
- If you do not see our driver at the agreed pickup point, do not leave before calling PAWS at 1-866-204-7331. If you leave the pickup location before calling PAWS you will be considered a no-show.
The exception is airport pickup where a delay in the pickup time was affected by a delayed flight arrival and was therefore not within the client’s control. If this is the case, text the driver immediately upon arrival to arrange an alternate time.
- We will try to accommodate requests for changes to the route during a trip however, these must be pre-approved by PAWS and additional charges may apply.
- Special Requirements
Any special requirements must be disclosed to PAWS at the time of booking. PAWS will use reasonable efforts to accommodate special requirements or requests.
By completing your registration, you agree that PAWS may contact you by telephone or text (SMS) messages with regard to your:
- Client information,
- Previous, current or future rides
- Marketing purposes related to PAWS En Route.
Note: PAWS will never share your personal information without your express written consent.
In addition, You agree to exchange text messages with your driver directly on the day of your ride if there are any minor delays or changes. Other communication protocols are described within the appropriate sections of this agreement.
We endeavour to offer all clients friendly, efficient and professional service and our goal is to please every client 100% of the time. If however, a situation should arise where you are not 100% satisfied we will do our best to investigate your complaint and resolve any problem to your satisfaction.
- User Requirements and Conduct
- Smoking is not allowed in the vehicle.
- No open alcohol permitted in the vehicle.
- Any unusual spills, soiling or damage to the vehicle caused by the passengers, will result in a $250 clean up fee being charged directly to the credit card on file for the trip.
- PAWS reserves the right to refuse service to any passenger for any type of gross misconduct or transgression.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws when using the Services, and you may only use the Services for lawful purposes (e.g., no illegal transportation of pet).
- You are solely responsible for any damage to the vehicle or injury to the driver caused by your pet(s).
- Drivers are not authorized to transport any pet that was not identified at the time of booking.
- Your pet(s) may be denied access to the Services if the they are deemed to be dangerous.
- Non-accompanied Pets
If your pet will be travelling unaccompanied you must:
- Pre-arrange access to your home for the driver.
- Ensure the pet is secured within the home away from the door.
- Cats must be put in their crate by the owner.
- Identify behavioral or physical issues.
- Pre-authorize delivery of your pet at the destination by our driver.
- Pre-authorize release of your pet to our driver at the pickup point.
- Provide pet carriers for small animals or harness for larger pets.
Owners are responsible for providing safety restraints for pets including properly fitted car seat harnesses or transportation crates. Paws will provide safety clips and tie-down straps. If a client chooses to allow their pet to remain unrestrained, they do so at their own risk.
- REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITIES
11.1 Representations and Warranties
PAWS hereby represents, warrants and agrees that:
- its representative Drivers have, to the best of our knowledge, the necessary experience and qualifications to perform the Services;
- its representative Drivers will perform the Services in a diligent, expeditious and workmanlike manner, consistent with standards generally observed by reputable and competent members of the transportation industry;
- all Services provided shall not infringe, misappropriate or violate any right of any person or entity.
PAWS and its Drivers will, at all times, act to safeguard pets being transported and You. In this regard PAWS Drivers will:
- treat pets with dignity.
- ensure pets are secured according to the owner’s preference during travel.
- drive safely at speeds within posted limits.
- contact You immediately if any unexpected issue arises during the course of a trip.
- carry liability insurance relative to the transportation services performed for you.PAWS Drivers will not perform any medical or related services on your pet in any circumstance.PAWS accepts no liability for any breach of security or loss of or damage to You and your pet or your property arising during the course of Services.PAWS and its Drivers shall not be liable for any mishap of whatsoever nature which may befall a pet during the course of providing transportation or other services.
You agree to indemnify and hold PAWS and its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with: (i) your use of the Services; (ii) your breach or violation of any of these Terms; or (iv) your violation of the rights of any PAWS Driver.
- DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” PAWS DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, NOT EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN ADDITION, PAWS MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE REGARDING THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES REQUESTED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. PAWS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, SAFETY OR ABILITY OF DRIVERS. YOU AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, AND ANY SERVICE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, REMAINS SOLELY WITH YOU, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
12.2 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
PAWS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, PERSONAL OR PET INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF PAWS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. PAWS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LIABILITY OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF: (i) YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; OR (ii) ANY TRANSACTION OR RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND ANY DRIVER, EVEN IF PAWS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. PAWS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM CAUSES BEYOND PAWS’S REASONABLE CONTROL.. IN NO EVENT SHALL PAWS TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1000).PAWS SERVICES MAY BE USED BY YOU TO REQUEST AND SCHEDULE PET TRANSPORTATION WITH DRIVERS, BUT YOU AGREE THAT PAWS HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO YOU RELATED TO ANY TRANSPORTATION, GOODS OR LOGISTICS SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY DRIVERS OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS.
THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER IN THIS SECTION DO NOT PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY OR ALTER YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.