To start driving with Paws En Route, there are a few steps that you need to take. Please refer to this quick guide to help get you approved as a PAWS driver as soon as possible.
- Fill out the driver registration information on the pawsenroute.com website.
- Send in your resume and reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your qualifications match PAWS requirements, PAWS will request a telephone interview followed possibly by an in-person meeting. We are very accessible for your questions in person, over the phone or over email.
- After the interview, if we are both still interested in proceeding, PAWS En Route will send you a copy of our Code of Conduct and a contract for your review. Please read these documents carefully, and once you are comfortable that you meet the identified criteria, sign and return the contract.
- You will be asked to authorize PAWS to request a criminal record check as well as a driver abstract.
- You will need to provide copies of your:
a. Current drivers license (minimum full G level),
b. Auto insurance
- PAWS Drivers are covered by PAWS’ policy for Commercial General Liability Insurance including $2 million of third party liability which provides coverage against damage to property, of any kind, owned by the client. It also includes bonding of $15,000 to protect you against claims regarding removal of property from a Client’s premises while picking up or dropping off their pet.
- Most drivers prefer to use PAWS vehicles however if you’d like to investigate the possibility of using your own vehicle (similar to a ride-sharing model), we can discuss this possibility also.
- Drivers will be provided with training materials and instructions for how to maintain the company van while you are in charge of the vehicle. For example, you must take steps to keep the vehicle as clean as possible. You’ll also receive training for the procedures necessary for day-to-day communications, ride scheduling, etc
- Think about which areas of the city you can cover and what days / hours you’ll normally be available – you’ll be asked to reconfirm this on a week over week basis
Once all the criteria have been verified, you’ll receive a copy of your final contract executed by PAWS and you’ll be confirmed as a PAWS authorized driver.
We count on our drivers to use their own experience and knowledge to make sure our client’s and their pets have safe rides with minimal stress. Please contact us directly with any questions.