Safety of the pets, reliability and trustworthiness of our drivers are our top priorities.
- Eligibility. To be eligible to drive, applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be over 25 years of age.
- Have previous experience in the pet industry.
- Be legally entitled to work in the province, state and country where the service is being provided.
- Be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, which is in good standing.
- Have a spotless record with no violations in the last 3 years (e.g. accidents, suspensions).
- Undergo a criminal background check, which will be conducted by a third party. To ensure the safety of pets at all times, Paws en route has a zero tolerance for any prior criminal convictions or pardons. Given that drivers will be picking up and dropping off pets from and to owners’ homes, the criminal background check will also verify that there are no theft or property damage offenses in the driver’s background.
- Be capable of meeting the physical demands of the job (e.g. lifting pets, carrying pets in carriers, etc.).
- Code of Conduct. The PAWS Code of Conduct outlines the company values and commitments. As a public representative of PAWS, drivers use the Code of Conduct to provide premium customer service and ensure the health, well-being and safety of pet(s) at all times..
If you meet the requirements above, you may register to become a Paws en route driver.